Customer Care, Contact and Service Coordinator
TechRoom is the “Tech Concierge” for businesses and individuals who place a premium value on their time and need all of their technology working. Our customers come to us, we go to their sites, and we serve them remotely anywhere in the world, 24/7. Our customers expect excellent service, starting with the first call. The person who answers that call sets the tone for the entire customer experience, which is absolutely critical to our success.
TechRoom is seeking a skilled, competent, passionate professional for an exciting job opportunity that includes working with amazing, top-performing coworkers and great customers and includes training, generous benefits and a positive and energizing company culture.
About the Customer Care Contact & Service Coordinator
The Customer Care, Contact and Service Coordinator is absolutely key to our success as a company. This role is responsible for:
- Handling all inbound customer calls and contacts
- Starting and maintaining an incredible service experience for each and every customer as their “Concierge”
- Acknowledging customer requests and recognizing customer needs
- Assignment and distribution of customer requests to TechRoom employees
The Customer Care, Contact and Service Coordinator must be able to capture, organize, distribute and track a large volume of customer service requests, recognizing and managing customer expectations of urgency, priority and other business requirements, all while inspiring customers and instilling confidence in them. This person must thrive as a hub of communication for all employees at the company, and always inspire and encourage with a can-do-anything attitude, no matter how many challenges the day presents. This person is an organizing force who can convert a customer crisis into a well-coordinated response toward resolution and a happy customer and evangelist of our brand.
The job is full-time, and non-exempt, which means the role qualifies for overtime pay when approved. Work hours are 8:30AM to 5:30PM Monday through Friday. The job is based at our TechRoom office in Newport Beach located at 20250 Acacia Street Suite 105, Newport Beach California 92660. There is no travel required for this position.
How performance for this job is measured
At TechRoom, we take performance metrics seriously, and our employees love that. There’s no better job than one where you know 1) what’s expected of you, 2) where you stand and 3) knowing what it takes to be in the top 10%. The Customer Care, Contact and Service Coordinator measures of success include:
- 95%+ Customers would rate the professionalism and competency of communication of the individual at an 8 or higher on a scale of 1-10 (10 being best)
- 97%+ of customers’ requests are handled proactively, without an update request by the customer inquiring about the status of their service
- Fellow employees would rate the individual at an 8 or higher for the accuracy, quality and speed of assignment and communication regarding services being dispatched and assigned out, as well as for the initial and ongoing customer contact experience
Key competencies for success
At TechRoom we believe one of the keys to attracting and keeping great employees is by being very selective about who we hire, so our recruiting process evaluates candidates based on several competencies in addition to history and reference checks. Select competencies of this role include:
- Service orientation
- Personal presentation in all mediums: Voice, written, in-person
- Excellent “soft” skills
- Ownership through to completion for all tasks and projects
- Ability to multi-task
- Detail orientation
- High-energy, driven, passionate
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Flexible and adaptable
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Analysis skills
- Stress management
- Track record
Benefits and compensation
TechRoom offers a generous compensation package including competitive salaries, and even includes annual profit sharing. TechRoom offers other financial incentives that vary from quarter to quarter based on our business goals and objectives.
In addition, TechRoom offers a full suite of benefits to our employees, including medical, dental and vision insurance. TechRoom also offers a 401K and Health Savings Account program for pre-tax medical savings.